Wednesday 20 February 2008

Amazing with a capital A continued.!!

I was not sure what to expect in the slums but have been pleasantly surprised. The people are so lovely and very friendly. The children are amazing! I have had so much fun with them. The are all keen to try out their English and love to say hello and shake our hands. They really love to have their photos taken and look at the picture and constantly ask for their photo to be taken. It's a real sense of family and community and everyone seems to look out for everyone. The children are so resourceful. Our English children could learn so much from them. They are happy playing 'jacks' with stones found in the dusty ground. I had a game with a small group and they are so good at it. I wasn't!! I was made to go down their bumpy slide too!! -ouch!! I have also been pulled in to play skipping with a group of girls who had a rope. They all join in and have great fun. I was very proud to jump over the rope 20 times as the girls practiced counting in English! They showed several songs and dances so I showed them 'Down in the jungle' which has been a great hit with them joining in the actions and the 'boogie woogies'!! They are all such happy, energetic and vibrant children-not at all what I expected. They all have so little yet so much to give.

1 comment:

The ALIEN! said...

Tina - well done - Chris must be very proud of you - good blogging, by the way!