Friday 15 February 2008

We've arrived! Tired but happy!

First things first....you all need to know some team facts! Al had the heaviest suitcase, not me, which surprised everyone, and I felt pleased with myself. Dennis came a close second, but he HAS packed his kettle...Laura won ouright with the lightest weighing about 7kg, flipping heck! We amused the Virgin staff by playing the childish "guess the weight of each person's suitcase" before it is weighed. I have to say Nigel really entered into this...
Flight was excellent, Stephen enjoyed his window seat and has some great photos he says.
Asha minibus came to collect us with two minibuses, one for luggage!
Saw our first monkeys on the way to the YMCA. Laura made us all laugh by exclaiming "Oh look at them and one has a little baby!" in a high excited girlie voice!!!!
We have done a litle shopping in a fixed price shop to break them in gently. They have experienced the first child beggars who were similar ages to Dennis' children..not easy for him.
In the evening, the young uns all crashed out, whilst the older generation decided to live it up and go out for evening drinks at a local hotel. I don't know, no stamina these teenagers! They were all asleep before we left!
So this morning, my shower was a trickle, but at least warm..Dick and Nick are joining us at lunchtime. I have had breakfast and now I will see whether anyone else has surfaced!
First one to blog Yay!!!!

No comments: