Friday 22 February 2008

And next...we address one sixth of the world's population!

So Kiran drops us in it again! This time - 5 minutes before my departure to the slum for the inauguration ceremony she tells me that an Indian national news channel wishes to interview us on camera! So when I arrived at the slum I had just 5-10 minutes to warn the team. We picked our spokesmen- I had to be one according to Kiran - and we added Julie Tina and Nigel. We picked our soundbites and answered the interviewers questions using those. I just hope whatever proportion of India's 1.2 billion who watch will be enthralled! What a week this has been!

This morning Tim and I had our teaching session with the Asha doctors, which we both found an enjoyable and highly interactive experience. We then spent a while chatting to Kiran's 17 year old daughter - an aspiring doctor, who had been doing a research project among the elderly in the slum. Another inspiring experience.

Tonight Kiran and Freddy are taking us out for a meal...!

1 comment:

Garrod said...

It sounds quite a week!!!

Well done to you all!!!

The Earl